Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Let's Get Fruity!!!

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a wonderful summer! :) I'm back today to share a project for this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge.



This week's challenge to create something 'fruity'. I decided to go with cherries and use some yummy Hero Arts stamps. :) Here's my card:


I started with Hero Arts' Lattice background stamp on kraft and also created my own background on the light pink cardstock using their Designer Fruit set. Using Hero Arts' "You're the Best" set I stamped the ribbon on white cardstock using Pool Mid-tone Shadow Ink. (I cut the ribbon tail part off and added my own with May Arts ribbon). I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color the 'sweet cherries' image and stamped it on white cardstock, die cut the image with a circle die and adhere it to the rest of the image with foam adhesive. Finally, I used some Glossy Accents to add some shine to the cherries.

Here are the products I used:


As always, the very generous Heidi of Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher to one lucky participant in this week's challenge so I hope you'll play along...but first head over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog to see what the other designers have created! :)




14 comments:

Jingle said...

SUPER cuteness!

Lin said...

I have been loving black cherries recently, and your card would be perfect to add to a gift of them!

gRiSeL™ said...

OMG, I LOVE this cherries card, Sarah!!! And that May Arts V-stripes in blue is my absolute favorite ribbon at the moment!!!! Beautiful work as always!!! :D

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sarah :-) the whole design is fabulous and I LOVE the ribbon !! definitely on my 'to get' list :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful cherries! Very cute ribbon and great colors.

Heidi Crowl said...

Totally perfect! I now HAVE to have that stamp set. Great work!

Iva Kirilova said...

I love the background with the cherries and the ribbon is so nice!

Jo Nevill said...

I just love your card Sarah, love the Hero Arts stamps you used - fantastic.

Hugs,

JO x

Heather said...

A fabulous card Sarah, I love thos cherries and the image is stunnning and the twill is gorgeous.

hugs Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Super cute and pretty design, Sarah! :) I love the chevron ribbon!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lisa Carroll said...

LOVE this, Sarah! Perfect color combination. And I love that ribbon, too! :)

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card Sarah!! Love how you created the background!!

hugs..
Melissa

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is a simply beautiful card design. Blessings!

cheiron said...

Super sweet! Love the medallion you have created with the ribbon and the great cherry background!