Friday, June 21, 2013

Simon Says Stamp Kelly Purkey June/ July 2013 Project Kit

Hi everyone!

Me again. :)


Today I'm stopping by to share a couple of things I've made using the wonderful Kelly Purkey June/July 2013 Project Kit (which is still available for purchase).

***Edited to added that Simon Says Stamp is having a HUGE Summer Sale RIGHT NOW (June 21st - 23rd). Use the code SUMMER20 and get 20% your ENTIRE purchase INCLUDING the Kelly Purkey Project Kit!***

Here's a look at some of  the goodies it includes...


 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjc70fqYzOX1JEnwZHZC3TW_1bGzijxW2kf2AeUuDVGzVeFU5Uwuyvgz7Ne3M52aA1L8GlraV5wWeZY0268drkoYyByzNOZSNCPeUe1FLrTlh5vpTsv7RqBcKRBtAGPpvPL1L0D14_YjzL3/s1600/kphlc2.jpg
 



Fun, eh?!

Ok. Here's my moment of truth. I've really been struggling to get going on my twins' scrapbook albums. Since I've been making mostly all cards I've found it hard to scrapbook. I thought maybe going the Project Life route would be easier because I'd being working with smaller pieces of cardstock just like with card making... I was wrong. Ha! I've got a number of pages all set with pictures but am finding it hard to fill in the 'holes' with journaling and embellishing. I have bought some inserts, etc from other companies and made a few of my own insert cards but it is still slow going.

Well...earlier this week I got the Kelly Purkey Kit and managed to get a page done...and it didn't take long at all, lol. ;)

Here it is:


The inserts from the Kelly Purkey Kit DON'T come with rounded corners and I really like the look of the straight edges but since I started my album with rounded corners I'm feeling kind of committed to it, lol. ;)

And since I had the kit open anyways I though I'd be fun to make a card at the same time...


Supplies:



My good friend Latrice is also playing with Kelly Purkey's kit. Take a look to see what she's made HERE.

Before I go I just want to invite you to stop by again tomorrow. Since I decided to make a card with the Kelly Purkey Kit I thought I'd challenge myself to make a layout using the Simon Says Stamp July Card Kit. I'll share that tomorrow. :)

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Sarah


11 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Fun kit! And I like your page Sarah, and I like the round corners! I think it's more interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great kit/page and so glad that you are still working away on the scrapbooking....it's not as fast, but probably a little more fulfilling in the long run!

Latrice said...

Love it Sarah! On to spread two!

vic said...

beautiful layout and card how fun does the kit look!!!! super cute

Kailash said...

Love your layout with the rounded corners, a lovely design. The card is so gorgeous too, such a fun kit!!

joy said...

Great layout and card - this kit has a lot of great goodies in it!

Karenladd said...

I have also been having a hard time getting pages done and will have to give this method a try as well! Cute layout and LOVe the card!

Sandi said...

Awesome work and I love KP's stamps & kits!!

Froggietalks said...

Cute layout :)

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful page and love the card with the different elements.

Sue D said...

Such cute photos and great PL cards.

I like the card you made too--great colors and patterns.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com