Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Altered Full Card Dies and Simon Says Stamp May Card Kit Winner

Hi everyone,

I'm back today to announce the winner of the Simon Says Stamp May 2014 Card Kit and also to share a couple of cards I made using the recent Mothers and Fathers release from Simon Says Stamp.

First the winner of the card kit is:

Dee in N.H. who said...

Great card! I love the controller and I know just the gamer to use this image for.




These dies are great as is but also lend themselves well to being altered. For my cards today I focused on the largest words in the dies, the 'DAD' and 'MOM', cutting them out to be used on their own.

For the second card I used one of the O's and M's from the Mom die as well as the A from the Dad die to spell Oma (which is dutch for Grandma and what my kids call my Mom). :)



I can't wait to play around with these dies some more to see what else I can come up with.

Supplies:

9 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Love your cards and especially the OMA one!
Ans I am so excited to win the cars kit too!

Mary-Anne V said...

congrats Dee. Love how you used the dies to create these personalized cards.

Marcie Sharp said...

Love all the patterned paper usage! Great OMA card- good idea to cut it all part.

Debra said...

Love the red background and way you used the dies.

Birgit said...

Oma is the German word for grandmother as well. My mom is Oma to all her great grand kids. My Oma has been gone a long time and it's nice to see people still using the word here in the states. I love how you personalized your card for your mom. Both of your cards are Lovely!!

MoJo said...

Great cards today! My best friend had an Oma and Ompa when I was growing up so that card made me really smile!

Anonymous said...

love the cards- especially the OMA card. It will be so special for your mom!

Julie R.

ionabunny said...

Love these dies. Great ideas

Heather said...

Love the OMA card! It's also German for Grandma, and is what my kids call my mom. My mom would love this!