Monday, September 1, 2014

It's STAMPtember®!!!!

Whoo hoo!!! Hi everyone! Today is an exciting day! It's the beginning of STAMPtember® (or as the non-stamping world calls it, September). ;)  This is the time of year when we start making that transition for summer to fall. School begins, temperatures start to cool down, and Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before we know it.

Simon Says Stamp has come out with an AMAZING release for STAMPtember® featuring stamps, dies, and stencils for everything from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas and more! In addition, they have come out with 6 new ink colors, new sequins, embossing powders, and stamp cleaner! The Simon brand is growing! Yay!

I have a couple of cards to share but first here is Simon Says Stamp's full STAMPtember® 2014 Release:



I'm so excited to have had a chance to play with some of the new goodies and I'm going to share a couple of cards today using FIVE of their new stamp sets. Tomorrow I'll be back to show a couple of cards featuring two of their new stencils.

Here's my first card which is on a 3 1/2 by 9 (business-sized) card base...


I have to admit... I had the "Do You want to Build a Snowman?" song from the movie Frozen playing in my head the whole time I was making this card, lol. :) The stamp set I used to make this cute fellow was Simon's new Sketched Trees Stamp Set. When I saw the tree trunks I immediately thought of snowman arms. I stamped my snowman's arms with Hero Arts Cup O' Joe Shadow Ink before cutting them out and shortening them just a bit. I adhered them to the body of my snowman which was created with MFT circle dies. The nose and scarf were created using two of the outline triangular tree stamps which were stamped on SSS cardstock, cut out, and paper pieced onto my snowman. My snowman's eyes were also created using stamps from this set. Finally, my sentiment is from Simon's new Inside Holiday Greetings Stamp Set.  

Here's my second card...



I did something a little different with this one too. I used 3 of Simon's new Christmas stamp sets to make a non-Christmas card. Christmas only comes once a year so I love it when Christmas stamps can be used year round. This card is actually for my sister who just moved into her first house. I used the 'barn' from Simon's new Nativity Stamp Set as the house, the gifts from the Presents and Ornaments Stamp Set, and the 'home' sentiment and birds from the Home for the Holidays Stamp Set. Finally I used the 'welcome' sentiment from Simon's previously released Baby Stamp Set. The birds and some of the gifts have touches of Wink of Stella Clear Marker and Glossy Accents added to them for interest and the home is popped on the card with foam adhesive.

Supplies:


Just a reminder that you check out the full Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember® release HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See you tomorrow!
Sarah

12 comments:

Nicole said...

Hello Sarah,
I love your "Olaf" card :-) what a great idea to build him with the tree stamp set!!!
greets Nicole

Unknown said...

Such intriguing goodies in this release. I love how you combined elements from several sets in the "welcome home" card.

Unknown said...

Love your cards!

very_inky_fingers said...

So creative!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

I love the snowman! How cute is he??? TFS!

LauraJane:) said...

Super FUN snowman! I can't believe all the GREAT new goodies from SSS:)

ruth m said...

VERY cute snowman card!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh more wonderful cards, Sarah! I just love the creative way you put together the fun snowman on your first card - aagh now I have Do You Want to Build a Snowman in my head! Your second card is so sweet and pretty! I'm sure your sister will love it!

Dafne Guasch said...

So beautiful. A great ideas for stretch the products!

DoofyJEss2 said...

Cute cards! Love that snowman one. Thanks for getting that song stuck in MY head now!!! haha

Ruth G said...

Super cute snowman! I love how you used the shapes! Sweet welcome home card! I like how you used the nativity barn for the house outline! Thanks so much for sharing!

Ruby Craft said...

Very clever Welcome home card. Cute Snowman card too~