Thursday, September 3, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday Shaker Card

Hi everyone!

Stamptember-600x600


I'm back to share a card I made last week using the fun Happy Birthday Circle Dies from Simon's new STAMPtember release


Like so many of the dies from this release this one screams shaker card. I die cut the image and used
Ranger's Mini Ink Blending Tool to add some Milled Lavender Distress Ink to the top before removing all the negative pieces. (It's such a delicate die that I didn't want it to tear at all). I then adhered the die cut to a piece of Hero Arts Acetate Notecard using Ranger's Mini Multi Medium Matte Adhesive with the tip from a Quilled Creations Precision Tip Applicator Bottle. I did some more diecutting using the rectangle die from Simon's Bundle of Stitches Dies and Wavy Scallop Stitches Dies, inlaying all the pieces. The panel was backed with White Fun Foam that had the Happy Birthday Circle Die cut out of it, and Lucy Abrams gorgeous Vintage Lilac Shaker Selections were added before closing up the panel and adhering it to a notecard.

Supplies:






Finally, today is sweet (Simon owner) Heidi's birthday so if you place an order today maybe leave a birthday greeting in the notes field? :)

That's it for me today. I hope you all have a fabulous day!
Sarah

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a super card... I really want to play along with this challenge as I am turning into a shaker card addict, Jo x

Paulette S said...

What a great birthday card, Sarah! I really love this die too. The PPP set is precious!
Paulette S.
crftqueen417 at yahoo
http://paulettesprettypapercrafts dot wordpress dot com

Janeen said...

this is really pretty with that soft mauve color.

Ann K said...

So pretty - I love all the new dies in the new release.

ionabunny said...

Very pretty shaker. That is a great colour. Hugz